Last-minute participant? You may also register at the event on Saturday, September 29, 2018 and turn in your donations then.
INDIVIDUAL WALKERSSet a goal and go for it!
Personalize your page with your own story and photos -- especially of you and your furry friends. Use social media to let everyone know you're participating. Share our posts, too.TEAM WALKERS
A team is a group of up to 10 people who raise money individually and have their donations added to the team's total. Team members are eligible for prizes based on the individual pledges they collect. There are also awards for the top three teams.How Do You Form a Team?
Each team is led by a Captain who is in charge of setting up a team page online and making sure all members sign up through the website.
The Captain is the point person for the team with these responsibilities:
Lead Your Team in Fun and Success!
- Recruit team members.
- Lead your team in deciding on an awesome team name.
- Register your team online and set your fundraising goal.
- Have your team members set up their own fundraising page and start collecting donations.
- Inspire your team with a visit to our beautiful new Animal Care Center in Menands to see the animals who need their support.
- Keep the inspiration going by sharing our Facebook posts as a reminder of why you're walking.
- Brainstorm with your team to come up with a "signature look." T-shirts, hats, costumes and banners are all great ways to show your pet pride!
Did we say prizes? Oh yes, we did!
- All walkers will receive prizes based on the amounts they raise, starting at $50. Prizes are cumulative. Team walkers will also receive individual prizes based on their own totals.
- There will be additional prizes for the Top Individual Walker and all members of the Top Team.
Shirts will feature our new PITP 2018 logo, designed by Tori Brannigan.
The more your raise, the more great prizes you earn ...
| || |
|$50+||Long-Sleeve Tee with Walk Logo|| |
|$125+||Love is a Four-Legged Word Tote|
|$250+||Hefty Logo Mug|| |
|$500+||Colorful 21"x33" Paw Rug|| |
|$1,000+||Men's or Women's Zip Fleece Jacket with Embroidered |
Paws in the Park Logo*
|$1,500+||Alex & Ani Prints of Love Charm Bracelet|
in choice of silver or gold finish*
|$2,000+||Two Tickets to 2019 Gala for Animals*|| |
|$2,500+||Fitbit Versa in your choice of color*|
Prizes listed above are while supplies last. In the unlikely event that we run out of an item, a comparable substitution will be made.
*Will be awarded after the walk.
Tips for Reaching Your Goal
You know people who love their pets deeply and also believe in helping our community's homeless animals.
The number one reason people don't give is because they haven't been personally asked … so ask them!How to Raise $200 in One Week
DAY 1: Set up your page and make a donation of $30. It's important for people to see that YOU are supporting the cause personally. Email your friends and ask them to help the animals
DAY 2: Ask two family members for $20 each. (that's $70)
DAY 3: Ask three friends to contribute $10 each. (now you're at $100)
DAY 4: Ask three co-workers to sponsor you for $10 each. (up to $130)
DAY 5: Ask two neighbors to contribute $10 cash. (already at $150)
DAY 6: Ask your boss or a vendor to donate $25. (almost there with $175)
DAY 7: Ask a business you frequent to contribute $25. ($200 - You did it!) Note:
Pledges collected after the walk are welcome, but will not count toward team or individual fundraising totals.